For recruitment related information, please email: QDRecruitment@mcdermottwuchuan.com
||No. of Positions
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible to ensure technical compliance of project quality to the requirements of the contract. This will involve going through the contract, specification and project/company procedures.
Main Duties of the Jobholder
- Develop Project Quality Plan to cover all customer requirements to a level of detail necessary to assure integration within the Project Quality Plan.
- Determine & formalize project QC requirements.
- Prepare ITP and monitor ITP implementation throughout the project cycle.
- Determine NDT requirements as per project contract/specification and Issue NDT drawings.
- Supervise the CIR compilation (production QC records) and entry to PCM system.
- Oversee the project fabrication to verify compliance per project requirements.
- Issue NCR/CAR for non compliance to QC requirements. Follow-up to ensure closure and preventive/corrective action.
- Monitor Weld repair rates to ensure project fabrication meets to corporate goals.
- Participate in project Quality audits.
- Perform audits of sub contractors, vendors and suppliers to establish Approved Vendors List.
- Assure through proper utilization of auditor resources and audit verification the effective execution of the QC system.
- Liaise with the Certifying Authority on documents specified to seek verification, assessment and appraisal of their conformity and fitness to the codes and regulations.
- Prepare Quality related lessons-learned through project Close-out Report to ensure preventive measures are deployed.
- Provide data for Management Review of the Management System to present effectiveness of the system, areas of reoccurring deficiencies and areas for improvement. Proposes recommended goals with senior area management for continual improvement.
- Conduct preventive action analysis to determine root cause and the necessary measure to avoid re-occurrence.
- Initiate Quality Planning for the project to assure compliance first time through proactive and preventive measures and consults with the Quality Manager concerning prevention and appraisal resources and the effectiveness of project Quality Plan/Procedures necessary to achieve the product quality.
- Participate in the Contract Review (kick-off meeting) to identity the "key factors for success" plus the risks and define / implement preventive action. Identify issues and concerns.
- Liaise with the QC / NDT / Certification Personnel and Customer to ensure that Quality problems are addressed and technically resolved.
- Liaise with Engineering groups, PMT, Purchasing, Inspection and customer to ensure customer spec requirements are integrated into the Engineering and Vendor data documents of supplied products.
- Administer the vendor inspection process through the assigned coordinator.
- Oversee the As Built Project Certification as it is progressed through work approval packages and monitors progress/status of mechanical completion.
- Besides the above-listed, shall be responsible for other duties assigned by department manager or the company.
- Relevant working experience in Construction/Fabrication/Projects in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Degree in related discipline with knowledge of fabrication/projects as per codes & standards like AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3/B31.8, API-2A/2B, ASME B&PVC Section-IX/II(Part-C)/ VIII (Div-I, II), API 1104.
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English
- Good technical writing and computer skills
- Should be assertive towards effective implementation of Quality Goals.
- Should have previous relevant experience.
- Min. 7/8 yrs hands-on experience in Fabrication industry having exposure to Inspection, NDT, Blasting & Painting, E&I, Certification, Punch-list preparation & follow up, Preparation of ITP, NDT maps/drawings, QA/QC procedures as per Fabrication / Inspection / codes & corporate procedures. Should be able to review Piping test packs & NDT reports, Liaise with NDT subcon on day-to-day basis. Supervision of Inspection generated reports to ensure compilation of project dossiers.
- (Must) Masters or Degree in Welding / Metallurgy / Materials Science / Mechanical (or relevant) with additional Certifications - Welding: IWE, Inspection: AWS-CWI/SCWI or CSWIP3.1/3.2; NDT Level-II; Coating: NACE/BGAS/FROTIO; Lead/Internal Auditor.