Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co Ltd, (QMW), has been awarded an excellence in HSE performance Honor Certificate, (Safety Production Advanced Unit), for 2016. This is the third such award in successive years, 2014 to 2016 inclusive, from the Local Government.
This Honor Certificate is awarded to show that QMW is recognized as a model company and is fully committed to complying with the laws and regulations of China regarding HSE. It also embodies QMW’s senior management team in taking the lead in HSE engagement.
The background of these awards is to commend companies who comply with and promote HSE Management in Qingdao.
The criteria required to be eligible to receiving the Company HSE Honor Certificate are as follows:
1) No major safety production incidents.
2) Implemented robust HSE Management System.
3) Standardized HSE Management in site controls.
4) Implement training systematically, which exceeds the China standards requirement.
5) Conduct emergency drills regularly.
6) Identify hazards in work processes and eliminate and significantly reduced the risk.
7) Support and cooperate with Local Government on HSE Management and promotion.